Saturday, June 18 | 2-4 p.m.
In this class, you will learn how to make kombucha. Kombucha contains probiotic, or friendly, bacteria. These microorganisms are known to boost a person’s health. There is some evidence to suggest that kombucha has a range of health benefits, including benefits for gut health, mental health, infection risk, and liver health.
Kombucha is easy to make and inexpensive (if you are a kombucha fan, you will save so much learning to make this yourself). In this class, you will get a S.C.O.B.Y. (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast) and samples of homemade kombucha. Since S.C.O.B.Y. reproduces itself, it is the gift that will keep on giving!
Participants will learn:
- What equipment and ingredients are used to make a batch of kombucha;
- The sources our instructor uses to get started;
- History of making kombucha;
- Do’s and don’ts for making kombucha;
- And ways to make additions to your batches.
- Participants will receive a hand-out for easy notetaking!
Tickets required in advance. Limited class size of 8. We will consider offering another course if there is demand.