N2NF Beginning Beekeeping - LAST CHANCE CLASS
Sunday, March 13, Noon - 4 p.m @Next to Nature Farm
If you missed our first two beginning beekeeping workshops, we have one last chance for you to get your beekeeping basics!
Class will last approximately 4-5 hours.
The following topics will be covered in Workshop:
- Honeybee biology
- Dynamics within the beehive
- Beekeeping equipment (parts of the hive, assembly of equipment, and safety equipment for the beekeeper)
- Diseases and pests of the hive
- Beekeeping broken down thru each season (setting a calendar of events throughout your beekeeping year)
- Establishing your apiary (discuss where to locate and set up your beehives)
- Installing your bees into the hive
- Apiary and hive maintenance
- Swarm dynamics
- Nutritional management for your bees
- Honey harvesting and extraction (live demonstration)